• 4ce@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

A big paper with only three authors?!

That part isn’t so unusual, especially in condensed matter, where labs can be relatively small. For example, the paper announcing the discovery of high-temperature superconductivity in 1986 only had two authors (Bednorz & Müller).

I went down the rabbit hole of trying to find the lab from which it has been published.

For those who didn’t look into the paper: They seem to work for a company called “Quantum Energy Research Centre, Inc.”, which does sound a bit… woo-y to me. At least the third author seems to work at Korea University, which, according to Wikipedia, is relatively prestigious. Who knows, maybe the authors just can’t be bothered to use Latex and didn’t choose the name of the company or didn’t put too much thought into it, but for the moment I’m also rather skeptical.

• rishabh
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Yeah, in olden times sure. You can say a big paper like EPR paradox one, was written as only three people. These days, a lot of people would jump on a big paper since citations is the currency of research now.