• Jimmni@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I have essentially stopped using YouTube at this point due to the ads, and the first time I get 5 unskippable ads will be the last time I use YouTube. I already essentially quit after it stopped being 1-2 20s skippable ads or 1-2 5s unskippable ads, which I thought was fair as long as it was no more than twice in 20-30 minutes. Now I get 2 unskippable 20s ads every time and there really isn’t anything on YouTube I want to watch that much.

• Varyag@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m already not using Twitch much at all because of that. Even with an ad-blocking extension on the browser, it’s an awful and infuriating experience. You can see how frequent and how long the ad breaks are even through the adblocking. When I use it on my phone that has no blocking, it’s just… I click a random stream to see what the streamer is doing and I get locked into 3 minutes of ads before I can even see that. I usually just back out and close the app when that happens.

• PrunesMakeYouPoop@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

If you have a VPN, set your location to Poland and you will not have any ads on twitch. I guess they have some law against it or something.