• CannaVet@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

I know at least 4 (I wanna say 6 but 4 confirmed confidently) righty leaning lads who are anti trans for what they will say are varied, diverse, weighty reasons - who all collectively tell the same story word for word any and everytime trans issues come up…

“I hit it off with a girl on Tinder, then two days in before we met or got serious or even talked all that much (just enough for me to be smitten) they told me they were trans, and I’m not a bigot, BUT IF THEY DON’T PUT THAT SHIT IN THEIR BIO THEY DESERVE WHATEVER HAPPENS TO THEM”

Nobody understands when I explain that their violent response to a trans woman on tinder is why trans women don’t put it in their bio.

Shocker.

• afraid_of_zombies@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Jesus. Just had a moment of empathy. I don’t think I have ever had a first date with someone (yes I am a het cis male) where violence was a real possibility. The very worse I worried about was some sorta scam. Be safe everyone.

• MiddleWeigh@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Yea it’s a fkd up world, and many people are wild animals, or even worse. Im a cis male too, and the most i ever had to deal with was a girl…[or two] who beat the shit out of me. Some days I have more hope for humanity (myself included) than others yknow.

• phillaholic@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

It’s more dangerous to put it in your profile than saying it to someone in person?