• Dept@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

I’d like to see him “owning the libs” and paying to get his car from the impound lot lol

• Saneless@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

He’ll do a go fund me and get rich. Once a conservative realiszs you can pretend to be a victim after being an asshole and get rich from it, they don’t stop

• ziggurat@lemmy.world
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

The planet doesn’t have a problem, the planet doesn’t give a shit about a little plastic. Species die and come for all sorts of reasons, new materials pollute and become sources of growth for a new species.

It’s not the planet that has a problem, its our fucking civilization that has a problem. We depend on things being stabel… The planet doesn’t give a fuck, our civilization can go the way of the sumer civilization, just increase the average temperature a couple of degrees more and see what happens

• partypoop@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

100%

Western conservatism is all about creating problems for the other side or preventing the other side from producing results, not solutions for the greater good.

• Saneless@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

That’s part of it. You forgot where you imagine a problem and then yell about it, claiming to have fixed it when it has “gone away”

• AKADAP@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Now you’ve done it. I’m now tempted to get some extra stick on wheel weights to “balance” the wheels of the unbalanced people who ICE Tesla chargers. Much more subtle then letting the air out of their tires.

• CADmonkey@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Don’t do this. And certainly don’t go down to harbor freight and find that you can buy wheel weights very cheaply so that you could absolutely not do this to any wanker who is definitely asking for it.

• InternetUser2012@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

With these electric vehicles having waaaay more power than these compenstors douche bags drive around, they’d have no problem moving these pavement princesses out of the way.

• SamboT@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Asshole in 2023.

The mental energy you guys put in to hating huge groups of people that can’t be defined with any one characteristic is nonsensical.

• Guns4Gnus@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

So long as Conservatives politicians rely on militant ignorance and a desire to shit on the less fortunate, and Conservative voters buy up their dogwhistles and hatred for minorities with a spoon, they can deal with people calling it out as they see it.

Oh, and the Conservatives that say “But I just voted for the tax cuts” really don’t look to good saying “I think that militant bigotry isn’t a dealbreaker for me saving money.”

• SamboT@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Theoretically, a person who aligns with terrible things that are promoted by terrible people in positions of power are terrible. Sure. Why do we believe this truck owning person is conservative? Because they are “protesting” electric vehicles? Because they seem uneducated or proudly ignorant?

So if we associate a stupid person with “deduct a point from conversatives” without any basis for knowing they are conservative, are we educating ourselves about conservatives or are we making a reality that is comfy and understandable because we ourselves are stupid?

• floofloof@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Why do we believe this truck owning person is conservative? Because they are “protesting” electric vehicles? Because they seem uneducated or proudly ignorant?

That’s about it, yes.

So if we associate a stupid person with “deduct a point from conversatives” without any basis for knowing they are conservative

Seeing them use a giant pickup truck to ruin the day of electric car owners simply for the sake of pissing them off and asserting their dominance is a pretty good basis for knowing they’re conservative. The first time I encounter an asshole pickup driver who hates electric cars and loves to spoil the day of anyone who drives one, yet who embraces left-wing politics, I will change my mind about the “right wing” stereotype. Until then, it has a pretty solid hit rate.

• SamboT@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

Well good luck finding such an instance when people’s identities are predetermined by your internet feed.

• SamboT@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                11 months ago

It’s just that people are inherently bad at making statistical guesses. I don’t have any assumptions about this hypothetical person, other than I disagree with blocking charging stations.

And I’m not sure what value is realized with circlejerk hatred, for you or for anyone else. I would argue that it’s a waste of time. Everything we choose to spend our time on accumulates and makes us who we are. It scares me to become a bitter devisive old man because of imaginary rage bait that trains me to associate hatred with a group of people.

• Guns4Gnus@lemmy.ca
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  11 months ago

You keep on making excuses, but you keep ignoring that there is only one political party that’s in a tizzy about gas stoves and stating that rolling coal is a form of free speech.

You can make all the excuses you want… but your chosen political views* show that you hate the reputation that they have spent the last 22 years reinforcing.

*a hit dog hollars