I’ve probably tripped around 20 times throughout my life. I did it mostly because I bought into the idea that psychedelics would improve my life and habits in some way. I don’t believe that anymore, and I don’t think psychs really changed my life at all except it gave me lots of cool memories. I kind of feel some level of nostalgia for that reality-bending feeling of being on psychs, even though the last time I took it was only a couple months ago. It’s just so different from everyday experience.

• o_d@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

hits harder and faster with less

And doesn’t last as long in my experience. I had a pretty great first trip, but given the choice initially, I would have chosen something that doesn’t last 10 hours 💀

For setting, it’s nice to have some chill activities to do such as painting or colouring. It’s good to have something to distract you if it starts to become overwhelming.

• 201dberg@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I honestly prefer a little shorter of a trip yeah. I mean on the stuff I have a 4g dose will do a good 3-4 hours but those 3-4 hours might as well be a lifetime when you are on them. You will go on some journey of thought and emotion and it feels like it’s been a long time and then you look at a clock and 5 minutes have gone by. Knowing it won’t last super long can be a huge comfort if you start to get overwhelmed. The first time I trip sat I took 4g and my buddy took 5g. We both had the ego death and spent a good 2-3 hours in the “I am a formless thought floating through time and space” phase. He got more visuals than me. I still had them but apparently he was seeing himself turn into liquid and I did not experience that. lol. I came down about 45 minutes ahead of him. It’s good to be able to take them in an early afternoon and then come back by the evening and reflect on it all.