Alioth phone

I have unlocked bootloader, flashed miui 14.0.7.0 (in setting it had still shown 14.09.0, but I read its a miui bug), flashed “additional partitions”, lineage recovery, formatted storage, “successfully verified” boot.img using python and tried to install it with “adb sideload lineage-20.0-20230701-microG-alioth.zip”. Progress percent goes up to 47% and stops. Lineage recovery asks “Signature verification failed Install anyway?”. I click yes. Terminal on bottom of recovery writes 5 errors and “install completed with status 1” and in next line “installation aborted”. When I click “reboot system now”, recovery asks “WARNING: Previous installation has failed. Your device may fail to boot if you reboot now. Confirm reboot?”. I click yes.

Phone shows poco and miui boot logos, plays boot sound and screen goes black. My pc (win10) detects phone and opens empty file of it in file explorer. When I press screen on/off button it plays sound of going to sleep mode. Nothing else. Then I press power and volume up button and it goes to back to lineage recovery.

How to fix this?

• khaosoiM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Flashing an image that doesn’t pass signature verfication seems not like a good idea. Please verify your image before flashing it.

Which instructions did you follow? The one from LineageOS has a section “Installing LineageOS from recovery”. Please read the full instruction before doing anything. Have you followed the mentioned steps there already?

• Stach
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Later that day I have panic installed xiaomi.eu rom and it thankfully booted. Today I have followed every step again. (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/install/variant1)

1. Downgraded to 14.0.7.0 Miui, although its china firmware edition (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/fw_update/variant1)
      2. Flashed “additional partitions” downloaded from microg site
      3. Installed lineage recovery from their site
      4. Factory reseted phone from recovery
      5. Downloaded lineageos .zip from microg site
      6. Run phyton script to verify .zip
      7. Adb sideloaded .zip
      8. Phone’s terminal again displayed something like “signature verification failed”, “status 1” and “rebooting may fail, continue?”
      9. I rebooted and same situation as previous time occurred: boot animation, sound and black screen. Can hear “usb connected to pc” and “sound and turn off screen” sound.

It seems like python script is faulty

Should I give up now and reinstall stock?