Mitchelle Baker, CEO of Mozilla since 2020, will transition back to executive chairwoman role. Baker had been executive chairwoman for several decades. Board member Laura Chambers is taking over as interim CEO. Second source; The Verge

• Engywuck@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Isn’t Thunderbird developed externally and not a Mozilla product? It appears so, from Wikipedia. Same thus for K9. OTOH, I blocked mozilla.social and obviously didn’t want anything to do with Mozilla, so I also deleted my Mozilla accoubt in 2021. As far I am concerned, they could disappear tomorrow and my life would change exactly 0. I’m only happy that the incompetent CEO is gone. She was able to destroy Firefox.

• Engywuck@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

No, sorry, I won’t. A lot of Mozilla’s fans would reply trying to convince me I’m wrong or just insulting me (it already happened). I’m not interested in engaging on this topic.

• TheTetrapod@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

It would have been better to simply not reply, rather than this woe-is-me persecution complex thing.

• dezmd@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          5 months ago

If you aren’t interested in engaging on this topic then why not delete your comments on this topic and stop replying on this topic. Your comment’s logic is ridiculous.

• Engywuck@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

“Thunderbird is an independent, community-driven project that is managed and overseen by the Thunderbird Council, which is elected by the Thunderbird Community.”