4chan daily challenge sparked deluge of explicit AI Taylor Swift images::New AI image filters are “just another obstacle to ‘defeat,’” researcher says.

• profoundninja@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Thanks for the information. Was almost curious enough to look for myself.

I wonder if some pedo is just masquerading as a typical 4chan to crowdsource content.

Or is that place just that fucking degenerate…

• Passerby6497@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

I wonder if some pedo is just masquerading as a typical 4chan to crowdsource content.

Or is that place just that fucking degenerate

It really is just that degenerate. I haven’t been there in close to a decade, but even back in the naughts and teens, it was full of pedo bullshit (right along side Nazi imagery). There may be good boards on chans, but the place is a shit hole overall.

• Socsa@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

This is why I stopped going to 4chan in the 00s after lurking for a few months. It became obvious the pedo shit wasn’t just ironic and there was a sizeable cohort which would jump around to whichever board tolerated it at the time. The language from that era then got projected into stuff like pizzagate and Q, in a way which is extremely transparent to anyone who spent even a small amotof time on the site.

• quindraco@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

It’s 4chan. It’s been the worst place on the internet for decades. It just can’t be topped.