• burpfish@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

My Android:Netrunner-Collection. I played this game exclusively over the course of a year. and I’m sure I would do it another year. Or two.

• TheGentleMen@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Cosmic Encounters and Nemesis. I think cosmic is my favorite for sure and I feel like it’s got a lot of replay ability. Nemesis is a great game and it has great story building I think.

• Stump@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Cosmic encounter is such an awesome game. I wish it was easier to introduce people to it; everytime I try people always get put off by the initial complexity/learning-curve.

• AAA@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Really? CE is my absolute favorite game and so far I had no issue getting new people on board.

• dpunked@feddit.deOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think I would take Terraforming Mars and Castles of Burgundy.

Both of the games are rather distinct from each other. Burgundy has many different player mats and each time I played, it was a new exciting scenario. Terraforming Mars is very satisfying and offers a lot of different strategies to go for.

• chemslayer@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You are not alone

My my, how ominous 😶

Actual answer, first game would be Dominion (assuming I can bring my xpacs): tons of variety, is just fun, and in extremis it’s a lot of kindling if it comes to it 🔥

For my second answer, I’m going to say Mage Knight. It’s long and in-depth, has several game modes including both co-op and competitive, and if my islandmates are too concerned with stuff like “finding food” the solo is fantastic. This is a true island game, as I never play it usually, but with nothing to do and infinite time it seems perfect

• dpunked@feddit.deOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I always love a round of dominion. Something that I am missing from other deckbuilders is this focus on a particular strategy (like when Remodel is there or Vassal+Sentry and so many more combos). Most other deckbuilders I play have a lot more random shop and thus do not allow to plan ahead that much.

• chemslayer@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Right?? I’m so mad the “trade row” style of Ascension is what took off instead of the “market” style of Dominion. It makes sense from a developer side as it’s much easier to just make a stack of cards and let the variance balance the powerful stuff for you, but the ability and satisfaction to make long-term strategies makes market superior to me IMO.

If you haven’t heard of it Aeons End is another fun deckbuilder that uses market-type randomization. It’s cooperative and features enemies so it’s not too similar to Dominion, but it’s a fun time!

• dpunked@feddit.deOPM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

We have tried Aeons End but had no fun playing it. Its one of the few games we ever sold. Coop games are always a bit rough to be honest

• chemslayer@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Fair enough! It does have the downside of open information which means you could technically play the entire game by committee, which rubs some groups the wrong way. Sadly it’s the only non-Dominion market deck builder I know of, but if you or anyone else has other suggestions I’d love to hear them 😊

• donio@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

To be fair Ascension is really good too and they have done some cool stuff with the trade row in some sets for example the day/night cards in War of Shadows. I didn’t include Ascension in my island picks but I would be very happy if it turned up on the beach, especially if it’s my favorite sets!

• START9@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Arkham Horror LCG for sure and just because I’m stranded on an island I’ll bring Robinson Crusoe so I can immerse myself while I’m immersed.

• chemslayer@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Plus if we get to include all the xpacs, Arkham can serve as a second island to give you more space! ;D

For real though love that game! But I would miss Arkhamdb and all the online community to talk with. (Speaking of, anyone know of a good Arkham LCG Lemmy comm?)

• FiveMacs@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Caber toss, for the logs and tug of war for the rope. Gonna build me a raft

• donio@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Mottainai and maybe War Chest. Or if I have some basic tools I could make my own War Chest set.
    A bunch of dice preferably in multiple colors and a standard deck of cards (or one of those fancy decks with extra suits and symbols) would be a great treasure too.

• pathief@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I have 0 skills in woodcrafting but lets assume I could somehow build a decent table and my gaming group was with me:

• Brass: Birmingham because it’s my favorite game ever;

• Lovecraft Letter because everyone loves to say I’m the princess

• return0@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Spirit Island and Trailblazers. Spirit Island’s my favorite game and even nicely thematic to the situation.

Trailblazers I haven’t even played yet, but I have a feeling waterproof cards and a travel case are pretty killer features for the desert island scenario.