Myconid playable race:

• Ability score increases: Your Wisdom score increases by 2 and your strength increases by 1.

• Age: A Myconid reaches maturity at the age of 6 and generally lives about 24 years.

• Alignment: The majority of myconids have a strong sense of loyalty to their colony, making them typically lawful in nature.

• Size: Myconids range from 4 to 6 feet tall and weigh from 70 to 120 pounds. Your size is Medium.

• Speed: Your base walking speed is 25 feet.

• Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern colour in darkness, only shades of gray.

• Poison touch: Your unarmed strikes deal an extra 1d4 poison damage.

• Natural armour: When not wearing armour, your AC is 12 plus your dexterity plus any other modifiers. A shield can still add to your AC.

• Languages: You can speak Common and Undercommon

Feel free to adapt these features to fit your campaigns! I will continue to post homebrew as often as possible (hopefully weekly) to try and help keep this community active! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

• Dax87@forum.stellarcastle.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I am working on a gpt-based item generator. I’m not sure how this community feels about that, but it does generate some interesting items:

you first put some mostly optional input

then it generated the item

Unfortunately with the way gpt is available, this kind of generation costs money. Still trying to figure out how to make this sustainable as a service is there is enough interest.

This is also on gpt3 not 4, 4 would be more expensive. Gpt3 is not amazing like 4, but still has the potential for some interesting items.

• CeruleanRuin@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m suddenly imagining a campaign loosely based on The Last of Us, where a fungal plague sweeps across the land and turns everyone into fungal zombies. For some reason, a small percentage of the infected are able to retain their individual identities, and they band together to try and rebuild and to find some way to help their monstrous brothers and sisters, while simultaneously dealing with the hatred and fear of those who survived the plague and weren’t turned.