Project Q is the upcoming streaming only device that will allow you to play games installed on a PlayStation 5 remotely.
It has not been announced if the handheld will allow streaming of games from the cloud and is rumoured to cost between £250 - £300.

Will you be picking one up later this year?

• slimerancher@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I guess I am in a huge minority of people who is interested in it. Though the caveat is that it must be $150 or under. I am not willing to spend $250+ on such a device.

As for why, the convenience. For me, this is the addon that makes PS5 a hybrid console, like a Switch.

• rickspin@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I had such a bad remote play experience with my Vita that my trust in this plummeted. Only if I have the chance to try it before and the price is low enough…maybe.

• philuk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I love the idea of a handheld device to play my games on the couch, in bed etc. which is also the main reason I own a Switch. Seeing that this will be streaming only I have some concerns about the gaming experience. Based on my remote play testing at home, I can’t image how this will be a nice experience in the current state. Let’s see and hope for the best.