Most westernoids know about Beria is from the death of Stalin movie which is completely inaccurate so I’m asking is, are the rape accusations against him real, and are they even relevant?

• johnmccainstumor [none/use name]@hexbear.netOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

I don’t want to live in a world where Beria was both a huge sexual predator AND the ideal successor to Stalin. If Stalin and his inner circle knew of what Beria is doing then they were complicit, i don’t want Khrushchev to be right. Ideally I’m fine with censoring this part of history in order to maintain the historical narrative that Stalin did no wrong.

• 420blazeit69 [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I’m fine with censoring this part of history in order to maintain the historical narrative that Stalin did no wrong

Without commenting on the underlying facts, this is a terrible approach, bordering on fedposting

• WIIHAPPYFEW [he/him, they/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

Do note that Malenkov (who followed the main line of the party at the time) was General Secretary between Stalin and Krushchev but got strong-armed out until he resigned from all of his positions and got banished to Kazakhstan after trying to seize power with his allies in ‘57