Have you tried both? Which one do you like more?

• OverfedRaccoon 🦝@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Honestly, I’m torn. I like kbin a lot. It takes some getting used to with understanding the terminology with magazines and threads and whatnot. I use it on desktop and as a PWA on my phone (through Hermit). Initially, I liked it more than Lemmy. It felt more polished, and I felt more at ease morally with the “Lemmy is developed by tankies” stuff (but each instance has their own ethics and politics, so eh).

But now, I find myself on Lemmy a lot more. It feels more “at home” when migrating from Reddit - and things are more straightforward with communities, posts, and so on. Plus, Jerboa on Android is nice (don’t know about iPhone app experience). Both the app and Lemmy itself seem to be getting quicker updates with features, bug fixes, etc.

That said, I’ve personally chosen to keep kbin with kbin and Lemmy with Lemmy - but you definitely could sub to and interact with both from either. So it’s kind of a moot point in terms of which is “better,” as it boils down to personal preference. I’m leaning more Lemmy these days.

• supercheesecake@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Same. I just follow the kbin subs I’m interested in from Lemmy using Voyager, which is basically an Apollo clone.