Windows MR and HP Reverb VR headsets to lose all functionality in Windows 11 24H2, so don’t update if you use those headsets.

I find it despicable that support for working hardware can be just abandoned after only a few years, and at least a basic driver should be released (ideally open source) if not the full WMR package, which few cared about anyway.

I’m hoping that Monado takes off at least as I only used Windows begrudgingly anyway.

• Immersive_Matthew@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

You are not wrong, but if you want to be in a position to rise with Immersive tech you have to put the time in now to develop and refine it. Getting out of immersive computing right now is like getting out of AI until right now saying it needs to be more mature first. By the time it is more mature, the market players will have been established. I think Apple has really set the Immersive Computing benchmark based on overviews like this one. Immersive computing is very compelling when done right. https://www.youtube.com/live/xsFuHCTfaZw?si=A9XjgQfKpYJORbJ0