• hitmyspot@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

It only affects you if they tell you. Otherwise it’s hidden to you, too, so the comparison is apt.

Similarly, the company focuses on these mocrottansaction features, which does affect where they spend time developing and also how they design and develop the game.

• BolexForSoup@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

No because regardless of my knowledge of it or lack thereof I am still swimming in urine, which is a health risk and just gross as hell. This is a bad analogy.

• hitmyspot@aussie.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Yep, and just like that, those who don’t partake in mocrottansactions are participating in a game that is tailored to mocrottansactions. How it looks, plays and feels are all affected.

Just like the pool, you can be blissfully unaware and knowing makes it decidedly worse, but it’s worse whether you know it or not.

• hitmyspot@aussie.zone
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

Effective education affects us all. Now if only my spell check didn’t correct to mocrottansactions, whatever that is.

• BolexForSoup@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

I would argue that’s far more indirect and it’s not a 100% evil act to include microtransactions/skins.

• hitmyspot@aussie.zone
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

Someone peeing in the pool, however gross, is uncaring not evil. I find it odd that rather than reconsider how you thought about it, you double down on accepting it.

I’m not sure if you’re aware, but every pool you’ve ever been in has pee. Every pool. Most people don’t even bother to wash their hands.

• wildginger@lemmy.myserv.one
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              5 months ago

The smell people associate with a chlorine pool is actually the smell of the compound created by the chemical reaction of pool shock cleaner and human piss.

If it smells like classic pool? Its probably piss.

• wildginger@lemmy.myserv.one
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Yes.

And youre currently swimming in a urine filled game, because 1/4 of dev time, money, and company resources are spent on actual game content while the other 3/4 go towards the next round of store items.

The pool is lower quality because of the piss. You can still swim just fine. So shut up and swim. Right?

The game is lower quality because of the focus on microtransactions. You can still play just fine. So shut up and play. Right?