Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them, got one, etc.

I had been eyeing the Revopoint brand but keep hesitating on buying. I don’t know anyone that has one and really would like to get more feedback. The Amazon reviews seem decent enough.

I am looking for something that can scan objects about hand size or larger and that I can walk around the object scanning. I don’t want to be limited to sticking the object on a scanning mat or turntable. I’m not going to be scanning minis (eg Warhammer). I do use the iOS and OSX platforms.

• phx@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I checked eBay and couldn’t find anything except some air safety sensors under “revoscan”. When I googled, it looks like the software is RevoScan but the hardware brand is RevoPoimt.

• ZytaZiouZ@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Sorry, it’s revopoint not revoscan. It’s easy to say the wrong one when all you see if the software day to day… I fixed my comment above. I’ll try to get some screenshots up later today, but I’ve scanned lots of things with the turntable and I scanned my 21 month old when he was asleep on his beanbag.

eBay link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/125882395922

• phx@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Yup I found them even I looked for RevoPoint. I was just commenting on case anyone else looked them up.

Actually for me their “range 3d” looks interesting as it seems to be designed with more portability in mind, but I’d love to see models from the other versions too