1. I’m a 2 on the kinsey scale; people seem to think there is just gay, straight, and bi and are less exposed to the idea of a spectrum.
  2. I’m passing white; part mesoamerican, always grew up knowing I was part native american then took two DNA tests and it was confirmed at least that I was part native mesoamerican.
  3. I have always struggled with getting a handle on my gender and biological sex whether it was my year of identifying as nonbinary or people mistaking me for a female throughout my life or my body issues around whether I am feminine or masculine in one way or another; as I cover in another post I am currently trying to wrestle mentally and emotionally with my seemingly feminine pelvic bone despite being male assigned at birth.

These issues are obscure enough to be ignored by basically everyone, so with more conservative types I have to suffer gaslighting, covert and overt abuse, and interpersonal neglect, and with more ‘liberal’ types I have to suffer a different kind of rejection wherein it is denied that my issues qualify as oppression because there are simply limits to what any one liberal is educated on.

What are some good tips for dealing with this kind of life situation?

• Ashy@lemmy.wtf
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

When you have to go through people’s post history and attack them for thing that have nothing to do with the conversation, you lost the argument.

• Fisherman75@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

What argument do you think I’m making? I posted about some things I was going through, was clearly looking for general advice (not debate), got name-called and demeaned by one person out of nowhere while others gave normal advice, tried to make the person aware that they were violating the tone set forth in the post, got attacked further, tried to fight back and what - now I’m in a debate? I didn’t sign up for a debate session or a roast. This is obviously a vulnerable post and should be pretty easy to follow suit with the other commenters who posted normally. Not everything related to constructive criticism is about debate. You can provide constructive criticism without offering debate per se.

• FluorideMind@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        5 months ago

Weird you automatically connect gun-nut to Israel support. Also weird you look into the background of someone giving you advice.

Seems to me your issues stated in your post could be solved by looking inward not outward. Maybe the “gaslighting” you claim is actually just criticism you don’t like.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

You keep adding parts to your comment. Just make a new comment.

I’ve turned inward plenty. It’s valid that I feel gaslit. I should trust my instincts.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

No the other guy effing loves Israel. You love guns. Also why are you making a big deal of me awkwardly trying to solve some issues in my life by calling it weird? Don’t you think I have a reason to be on here? You’re both being straight up bullies.