Just making sure you’re aware that this frame exists, because this is the second round of new augment mods in a row where newer frames have gotten augments before him.

I know no one plays Caliban, and their entire kit was essentially superceded by Styanax’s, and their casts are slow and clunky, but we’ve gotten bandaid mods for newer frames before them.

For a frame that came out with the New War, it’s funny how much they’re forgotten about

• Keegen@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Caliban really drew the shortest stick possible. Mediocre abilities, drops from the awful Cetus/Fortuna bounties and requires a resource that can only be acquired in Railjack, and only 1 per mission. If not for him appearing in Circuit sometimes, I would have completely forgot he even exists. Sadly I don’t think he’s gonna get much love until either DE gives him a Deluxe skin or his Prime comes out (which won’t be for a very very long time).

• Dystopia@dormi.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I think the worst part about his kit is that his passive is a worse Adaptation (especially for how far into the game you start farming him). They also do not stack with each other.

• Keegen@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

You are right, I completely forgot about that part! He’s even more sad than I remembered.

• sandriver@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

There’s a really long interval between New War and being able to get Adaptation, and it also means you can forego it completely for most content. I run Condemn Cali and I gotta say, 50% DR is really nice with a source of shield battery, especially on a frame I’m running Rolling Guard on.

• Dystopia@dormi.zone
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

You’re right, for some reason I was thinking The New War required star chart completion.

• sandriver@beehaw.org
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

Yeah, he’s close to the end of the Star Chart due to needing Sedna unlocked, but realistically you’ll have a few days to a week before you’re on to Arbitrations and the Adaptation farm. Also a great frame for dipping your toes into SP due to his damage buffing ability.

• TimewornTraveler@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

The Roflstomper! He kicks Styanax ass all day. Sty is actually a pretty shitty Warframe. Caliban is cool! Grouping on 1 and you have a pretty solid defense stripping frame. I love using him with Pull and a melee focused loadout.

• RouxFou@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I do want to play him. I’ve just never gotten around to getting that specific building material from railjack missions :<

• Frisbeedude@dormi.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

It’s the worst, for such a mediocre frame. Just ignore it, Helminth is not really important. For MR, maybe. But there are other ways.

• AlexisFR@jlai.lu
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I straight up don’t remember it existing lol, same with Styanax.

• Frisbeedude@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Caliban is really fun. If you want a challenge…But not worth the grind. Just like Grendel (oh, Im getting shit for this…)

I really tried. Formad’ it to perfection. Helminth was the only option…

• lilcs420@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Grendel is good if you’re carrying a newer player that wants to get kills and contribute. Caliban is just ok

• sandriver@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

It took like two years for Sevagoth to get an absolutely insane augment, and to be fair he really needed a way to amp his mediocre KPM. I know space man will have his day eventually.

Thing about Cali though is I don’t think he needs the help as much, he already has one of the strongest damage buff kits in the game due to being able to lay multiple shield/armour strips on top of a second-line DV buff. In addition, he has the potential for really good survivability with assistance from a shield gen source, be it Condemn, Pillage, or Styanax.

I think Cali just runs into the community’s general disdain for CC/buff frames. I think Octavia is the only member of the archetype that actually has a good reputation and sees relatively high usage. Thing is though, we have Circuit Defense. He and his design relatives are more relevant than ever.