• tryagain@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

And this only just after they enabled a whole raft of add-ons in their mobile browser that have already stripped away so much shit from my daily browsing experience.

I switched last year when Google entered their new phase of ad tracker evil and I bet I wasn’t the only one. Feels to me like Firefox fucked with the money and they’re being brought to heel.

• Blisterexe@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

What? They’re laying off people working on a metaverse platform, mozilla.social, and other assorted products nobody cares about. They’re doing exactly what everyone said they should do, slimming down and focusing on Firefox

• paris@lemmy.blahaj.zone
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            4 months ago

They misinterpreted “metaverse platform, mozilla.social” as a single item in the list, not as two items.

For anyone who isn’t aware, Mozilla has a thing called Mozilla Hubs that could be considered a metaverse product

• Blisterexe@lemmy.zip
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              4 months ago

I know, they had also opened a thing called Mozilla hubs, something I consider metaverse product, like the other person said, I am aware mozilla.social is a fediverse platform