They said they would specifically be looking at Barb and Sorc legendary aspects, are there any clear outliers you think will get a buff?

• Koen967@feddit.nl
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I feel like most of my gameplay is running around and looking for something to kill. More enemies would be great.

• Waker@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I had no idea there would be a chat tomorrow as I went on holidays just as S1.

Any chance you’ve got a rundown of what happened in the meantime?(if you don’t I totally get it, I’ll eventually find out when I get home)

• betheydocrime@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Blizzard released a patch for S1 that was so bad and so poorly received that there were articles written about it in Forbes. It nerfed every class, even sorcerer, nerfed cool down reduction, nerfed hell tides, and honestly a longer list than I can put together here. They immediately reverted some of the changes after they saw the response they got, and the chat today will be about more changes they’re making in a patch that’s coming out early next week

• nocturne213@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Was there an actual article on Forbes, or was it just one of their rage baiting blog posts?

• blottootto@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

All the articles I saw were “Reddit user says Diablo 4 is the worst game ever” and then they proceed to play 100hrs of season 1.

I’m season 1 level 47 and having a blast. You angry haters need to get a life or find a new game.

• zinge@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

I enjoyed the game when it came out and was hoping to play S1, but after the patch we tried to play for a few hours and it was just kinda bad, so we decided to take a week or two off and wait for 1.1.1 to see if it is more fun. I’m hoping it is!

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

Level 54 in season 1 myself. And enjoying it, still confused on all the exacts and specifics of the malignants. But enjoying none the less.

• blottootto@lemmy.ca
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              11 months ago

To me, part of the fun in Diablo is from learning and discovering how all the skills and items and hearts work together. I feel like lots of people read build guides and at that point it just turns into a grind fest. Don’t get me wrong, I check out some guides as it’s almost impossible to learn about every skill synergy. But if you min/mix following a guide from the day you buy the game it’s your own fault if it feels like a chore.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

I’m enjoying it while also thinking that I could be enjoying it much more if not for some questionable decisions made by Blizzard. It doesn’t have to be binary :)

• Strangle@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

“Social media users complain about video game”

Is just such a meme at this point

• Strangle@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

It was a rage baiting blog post. The writer cited datmodz and asmongold as his sources and another Forbes article.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

I know just about any time asmontool is involved it is going to be click bait and rage inducing.

link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I’m hoping that they change the Chain Lightning aspect to “Chain Lightning now bounces one extra time, with x-y% chance to bounce an additional extra time after that”