For me it’s feeling a bit better than Season of the Plunder. Solid story beats, but the activity gets a bit boring quick. How about you?

• russjr08@outpost.zeuslink.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This is actually the first time I’ve taken a step back from Destiny. Since I started playing during TTK in D1, I’ve pretty much consistently played - even during the more controversial times like Season of the Drifter.

Unfortunately right now none of my friends/clanmates are really actively playing, so I’ve yet to even get a chance to complete the new dungeon (a friend and I tried to duo it on the day it came out, made it to the final boss but just couldn’t complete it). Grandmasters are around now, but the same issue. Raids also fall into this for me. Trials/PvP in general just makes me want to trap myself on The Almighty for eternity…

Usually I don’t have a problem using LFG for dungeons/raids, and is what I’ve done in the past when no one is around, but things outside of Destiny just haven’t been going too great for me, and with the coin toss that is LFG I just don’t want my experience of the game to get even worse. That alone makes me sad since I used to love sherpa’ing raids/dungeons when I was caught up on everything else, but these days more and more people (I’m not saying everyone) seem to really only care about getting the loot at the end of the activity over actually learning how the activity plays out, and thus doesn’t want to put in a shred of effort.

I’m also currently at the pinnacle cap after reaching it last season. With that, and the fact that so far the seasonal weapons haven’t meshed well with me (though I did get a decent roll of Spare Rations, and the energy version of Spare Rations - can’t remember the name…), there are just not really a lot of reasons for me to log in right now. I log in weekly to do the story questline, and get my 5 levels of XP but that’s it really.

The seasonal content itself is alright (though I am not a big fan of fishing, but I’m glad it exists for those who do enjoy it) however Salvage seems to be missing a ton of ad density / ways for all six players to actively participate. Deep Dives is cool, but I keep getting matched with one person who doesn’t care about the pressure trials at all, and the other person just completely dips if the other person doesn’t activate it. I’ll of course activate it when someone else does, but I wouldn’t leave just because it wasn’t activated…

At some point I’d still like to get the patterns for the Neomuna weapons, but the drop rates are so abysmal that it feels like trying to explicitly dump a ton of time into that grind is just not going to feel well, and since its expansion-content rather than seasonal, its not like it’ll be going away.

So really, the lack of friends playing, some burn-out, and just RL issues is causing me to keep the game at arm’s length which sucks but I’d rather take a break now and revitalize my interest rather than completely kill it. That break has been long overdue for me anyways.