Blizzard has told Diablo 4 players to stop using game-modifying software or risk their account suffering a permanent ban.

In a message posted to the Blizzard forums, Diablo community chief Adam Fletcher made clear the developer’s position on unauthorised modifications, many of which it said are used to cheat. Fletcher even called out one piece of software, called TurboHUD4, which has proved a popular option among the community, especially hardcore players pushing against the outer edges of Diablo 4’s endgame.

• FinalBoy1975@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

saying 3 and 4 are bad could be a meme. I disagree with this typical, mostly unjustified opinion about 3. I like Torchlight 3. I haven’t tried 4 so I can’t give an opinion about it but it probably isn’t as bad as whining gamers say it is. Anyway, my point was that nobody needs to waste their money on Diablo, not about which games are better or worse… There are plenty of games that are just as good or better and aren’t money grabbers. I love Grim Dawn.

• FinalBoy1975@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

Gamers hating on Torchlight 3 is like an international past time! LOL. I went to check out Torchlight 4 to remember why I skipped over it and now I know why. It got enshittified and isn’t even called Torchlight 4. Torchlight Infinite looks like a total Diablo clone but it’s just free to play. So, without even trying it, I agree with you that it sucks because it is exactly the kind of thing I avoid. Torchlight 3 is just different from the previous two in terms of quests. When I’m in the mood for more linear stuff, I play Torchlight 3. If I want lots of side quests and want to play the game all day on a marathon, I play Torchlight 2, Grim Dawn, or one of the Van Helsing games.