Tesla has consistently exaggerated the driving range of its electric vehicles, reportedly leading car owners to think something was broken when actual driving range was much lower than advertised. When these owners scheduled service appointments to fix the problem, Tesla canceled the appointments because there was no way to improve the actual distance Tesla cars could drive between charges, according to an investigation by Reuters.

• samokosik@lemmynsfw.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

If you have 110L tank, yes it takes 10 minutes. If you charge your car in 15-20 minutes, then good for you. In my area, there is one such a charger and unless you plan to charge your car at 3:00 AM, you will not find less than 5 cars in front of it.

Regular chargers we have here will take at least hour to charge your vehicle

• lurkinggizmo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Ok, but there are always exceptions. You can’t use those as an argument. There are also some regions where it takes hours to stand in line for gas. Doesn’t mean that is the average and that I should go around teling people it is.

EV charging in EU (!) is on average (!!) almost identical to gas cars currently especially the newer models with 300KWh charging capabilities. I think it will take you less time to charge those than gas even.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

For how long have we been building gas stations compared to chargers?

Of course charging will become faster over time and maybe even overtake the gasoline cars. What will do this to batteries though? Despite development, super fast charging still kills the battery more than slow charging and the loss of performance would be felt during winter.

But yes, once electric cars have the same range and can be charged as fast as gasoline cars can be fille, the main drawback will be away. That does not mean I will buy one, maybe just for a city and if I have enough money not to care that much about 20k.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            11 months ago

Respect your personal choice. As long as it’s not discussed as “EV is only good for city trips”. I understand your personal situation and preference, but the facts are that that is an outdated view for many situations.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              11 months ago

I mean today it’s still only for city purposes 🤷 Maybe in the future when the situation improves, it will be usable on sth else, as well.

Still I don’t understand why the resources aren’t rather put to development of synthetic fuels.

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                11 months ago

I’ll just bluntly keep repeating myself just like you are repeating yourself (even after being presented with experiences talking about the opposite) -> EV is not for city purposes only.

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  11 months ago

I will end it here as I refuse to repeating the same relevant points over and over again.

EVs, at least where I live, cannot be taken for longer trips.

link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    11 months ago

Me (and others) are trying to explain to you that your personal “experience” is not grounds to make statements like you are making (e.g. EVs are only for small trips). The fact that you choose to ignore all that and focus only on your own (limited) experience is not my fault.

Limiting it to “in my area” it would be absolutely fine and right, but you are incorrectly telling people like it is not ready for prime time yet everywhere, when it clearly is.

So if you let that go, there would be no need to keep repeating yourself ;) but you keep opening a can of worms if each reply contains a blanket statement.

I’ll let it go, sorry for hammering on about it.