• Hazdaz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Spoken like someone who has never voted because the reality is that the vast, vast majority of voting goes perfectly smoothly and is accomplished within a few minutes. But by all means continue to talk out of your ass and simply regurgitate the usual bullshit endlessly reposted on Reddit and Lemmy.

• flipht@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I vote every time I’m able, but sure, go off.

It doesn’t matter what I do as far as voting, because my area is gerrymandered to such a degree that even my relatively left leaning area goes to a republican most of the time. We are vastly outnumbered in statewide and national elections. But I vote anyway. The voting is smooth here because they don’t give a shit because it’s all be rigged for over a decade via the legislature.

The places where voting is NOT smooth tend to be the places where republicans used to win, now have trouble, but don’t quite have the power base to gut the whole thing, so they just add layers of complexity to shave off democrat votes in hopes they’ll get enough to make it permanent.

Stop trying to act like this giant country, with 50 different ways of handling elections, is somehow a one size fits all, and that any failure is the lowest, least influential peoples’ fault.