• gAlienLifeform@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

For sure, music is honestly one of the few things that doesn’t make me kinda loathe other human beings (I usually feel compelled to use my online time to raise awareness about terrible current event things), so, yeah, the wholesomeness has been mutually appreciated

Wow, that Lage track is a great showcase for him, it shouldn’t be possible to get all those different sounds out of an electric guitar without having an array of pedals but he’s got such a delicate touch, it’s like the aural equivalent of what a good painter can do with brush strokes.

And thank you for sharing that live Brecker recording, that was something special and something I probably never would have stumbled across on my own. That combination of venue performers and composers sounds incredible, and speaking as someone who’s done a bootleg or two the microphone noises just add to the authenticity and story of it for me.

I wouldn’t want to spam/overwhelm the community by posting all these on their own at once, but a quick list of some favorite songs/moments,

Makaya McCraven,

Kamasi Washington,

Zs,

Terrace Martin,

Louis Cole

Thundercat,

Kendrick Lamar,

Colin Stetson

BBNG

Anyway, this has been weirdly uplifting and I don’t know what to do with positive emotions, so I’m going to have to go seek out like a nextdoor thread on an upcoming city council meeting with a proposal to license a youth homeless shelter on the agenda or something

• demesisx@infosec.pub
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

🥹 You sincerely made my day. This was the best interaction I’ve had on Lemmy. Thank you, my friend.

I will definitely be in touch and I promise to give each one of these links my undivided attention. 😊