I like the idea of playing these RPG games but can’t stand the combat. This is why Disco Elysium is my favourite game of all time. It had RPG elements, great story, narration, dialogue and voice acting and wasn’t bogged down by a combat system I didn’t like.

I have tried Divinity I and II, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, Pillars of Eternity. I left them at some point because I did not enjoy the combat one bit. With Pathfinder I even tried story mode to trivialise the combat but since the combat is such a big part of the game, I didn’t enjoy it even then.

If anyone here has played Baldur’s Gate 3 please let me know of your experience. Even if I end up not liking it I would really like to hear what you all think of it.

• loathesome𝕏dongeater@lemmygrad.mlOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I used to play Dungeons and Dragons but it’s not my preferred medium for consuming role playing games. I prefer video games because I am not a creative or roleplayer-y person. With games like Disco Elysium I get the feeling that a story is being told to me which I really enjoy.

• thedoodlenoodle@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

If you like the story telling aspect, what about Telltale Games or visual novels like Zero Escape or Danganronpa?

• PeeOnYou@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

consuming role playing games.

this phrase is like nails on a chalkboard to me. i really dislike that everyone accepts the denigrating bourgeoisie terminology

damn leeches consume everything, even things they don’t actually consume is what that sounds like