I wanted to see how many redditors decided to quit or not. But the result shows a lot of them are not quitting reddit. Some of them did not know about the blackout situation.

Ignore the discord stuff because someone answered my problem (I’m going to miss reddit for this). It hurts looking at it because I really like the rune factory community there. 😢💔

• DudePluto@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Sometimes it helps me to remember that many people are working toward different goals. You were likely looking for community. They were likely looking for content to consume. They are incapable of understanding your passion because they never saw reddit as something important - a community. Instead, to them it was a place for cheap and easy entertainment.

Thus, in their minds they’re justified - why would anyone be so passionate about their source of entertainment being cut off? But of course they didn’t see what you saw. Of course you would be passionate - your community was being monetized.

I think a lot of people here on the fediverse are a little more like-minded to you. We see the internet as a service and opportunity to connect. It’s not television or radio. It’s a network of voices, and hopefully democratic.

I hope this helps :)