mastodon.art has decided to suspend firefish.social from their instance due to issues with its administrator. The administrator of firefish.social was found to be boosting posts from a known harasser on another instance. mastodon.art takes a firm stance against racism and suspending full instances in these situations is part of their policy as a safe space. The known harasser has a history of using slurs, harassment, and editing screenshots to spread misinformation. However, the administrator of firefish.social has now forged a screenshot to paint mastodon.art in a negative light.

• sabreW4K3@lemmy.tf
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

So I just went down the rabbit hole on this one and its a crazy situation. Basically .art is defederating FireFish.social because they don’t defederate another instance. But the FireFish admin appears to have doctored some screenshots. It just seems immature as fuck. Especially considering the thing that the .art admin was made about happened over a year prior.

• drop@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I think it’s too hasty of a conclusion to say they were doctored, at least based on what I saw following the situation. There were suspicions/allegations of it, but no clear evidence.