mastodon.art has decided to suspend firefish.social from their instance due to issues with its administrator. The administrator of firefish.social was found to be boosting posts from a known harasser on another instance. mastodon.art takes a firm stance against racism and suspending full instances in these situations is part of their policy as a safe space. The known harasser has a history of using slurs, harassment, and editing screenshots to spread misinformation. However, the administrator of firefish.social has now forged a screenshot to paint mastodon.art in a negative light.

• Stanford@discuss.as200950.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago
      1. No, he was just de-federated with absolutely NO previous communication.
      2. There is still no real proof that Eris actually is racist at all. Everything is always “someone said/claims”.
      • Prandom_returns@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago
        1. That’s false.
        2. Don’t need proof, the admin can use their own judgement. This is not a faderal trial. It seems that ~30k poeple on .art trusts the admin’s judgement.
        • Stanford@discuss.as200950.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago
          1. I am not aware of any further communication. T1C says there was no communication about it and I am not aware of claims from .art that state otherwise.
          2. That is ridiculous. Yes, it’s their decision if they wanna federate with firefish.social or not. But accusing someone to support/accept racism needs some proof baking it.
          • Prandom_returns@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

I mean there’s proof, I saw the admin’s post with links. I just don’t care to dig in this “drama” as you put it. .art admin I trust way more than the guy who fabricated some screenshots.

Believe who you want. It’s just I choose to believe the more trustworthy person. And no, I don’t want to “do my own research”, because I simply don’t know either of those people, or care about either of those instances.

In the end, their house, their rules. There’s nothing ridiculous about it.