So I’ve been trying to install the proprietary Nvidia drivers on my homelab so I can get my fine ass art generated using Automatic1111 & Stable diffusion. I installed the Nvidia 510 server drivers, everything seems fine, then when I reboot, nothing. WTF Nvidia, why you gotta break X? Why is x even needed on a server driver. What’s your problem Nvidia!

• sealneaward@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Takes about 8 hrs to setup properly. But once you do set your Nvidia card with Linux, you just never update your OS and cry to sleep every night.

• BaconIsAVeg@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

It took a little tweaking but I have Iray and Dforce working for Daz3D under Wine, and FFXIV runs great with it as well. Also got Stable Diffusion running last night without any issues.

All the issues I’ve had have been requiring extra packages or installing some random github nvlibs, and kernel parameters. So as a user, the fact that my nvidia card didn’t work painlessly out of the box without additional configs doesn’t seem like an Nvidia problem…

• Rhabuko@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Yikes… I hoped that Daz3D would just work fine with Iray for my next nvidia card. Add to this that I was planning to switch to Vanilla OS because I don’t want to hack my system or accidentally bork it 😑.