Mark Zuckerberg: Tech layoffs in 2024 have been a natural response to pandemic-era over hiring::Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg believes companies are still readjusting to pandemic-era hiring tactics amid a flurry of layoffs across the industry.

• Shadywack@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

I think across the economy, a lot of companies overbuilt and then when things went back to pretty close to exactly the way they were before. I think a lot of companies realized they’re not in a good financial place.

Zuckerberg is a miserable motherfucking shit cunt scumbag fuckface.

There’s a HUGE difference, and his statement is very false. Corporate profits were stellar when they shit canned people. Artificial demand reduction thanks to the Fed, which causes layoffs and pain for workers but NOT for corporations whose revenues are still at record highs. The fourth circle of Hell in Dante’s Inferno would be a kindness to executives, the eighth circle, Fraud…that would be where he belongs. Sometimes I hate being an Atheist, because I do wish nothing but misery and torment on the wealthy for all time. I can see where religion gets some serious legs, and during the French Revolution, that’s where they thought they were sending their aristocrats off to.

If only we could have the luxury of that belief too.