• schmidtster@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

She didn’t, she caused seismic activity, that when high enough on the Richter scale would constitute an earthquake.

You tried correcting someone and were wrong mate, this is entirely on you lmfao. If you can’t take it, don’t fucking dish it you mook.

Go back and read the comments again… lmfao. They never said she caused an earthquake, they key word you completely missed was “could”. They also never in fact mentioned her at all in the comment even! As I said you don’t even know what you’re arguing anymore.

There’s just trolls everywhere isn’t there?

• Pratai@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

So you’re saying it’s not news to you that a rock concert could cause an earthquake?

This is what I responded to. A rock concert CANNOT cause a fucking earthquake. Which is exactly what I said.

Go touch come grass kid.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

But it can…? Not a natural disaster like you’re claiming, but again, words have more than one definition sometimes…

You need to go read a book apparently lmfao.

And yes seismic activity can topple buildings and crack pavement, don’t forget you also claimed that…

• Pratai@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          11 months ago

It can’t. Seismic activities are caused by anything from earthquakes to volcanoes to rushing water.

Are you trying to say that rushing water is an active earthquake? If not, then a rock concert is not one either.

Seismic waves are a means of MEASURING earthquakes. Just like measuring volcanoes and rivers. They don’t cause them.

Some idiot had a concert that was loud and now everyone is saying Taylor Swift caused an earthquake or could cause an earthquake.

Taylor Swift is NOT moving tectonic plates. She just had a loud concert.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

From Britannia on the definition of earthquake.

earthquake, any sudden shaking of the ground caused by the passage of seismic waves through Earth’s rocks. Seismic waves are produced when some form of energy stored in Earth’s crust is suddenly released, usually when masses of rock straining against one another suddenly fracture and “slip.”

People jumping up and down, fit that definition, and they actually specify that it’s not “just” masses of rock (tectonic plates)

TYL, you are welcome, go read some books and “touch grass”.

• Pratai@lemmy.ca
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              11 months ago

We’re done here. I cannot explain it any further or better. She didn’t cause an earthquake. She cannot cause an earthquake.

Go find a way to un-hurt your butt about this, but I’m done with you.

Also. She fucking sucks.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                11 months ago

You can’t explain it, because you’re wrong…

Go argue with Britannia or something, they clearly state it’s not just tectonic movement like you claimed…. what do you have to say about that mook?

I am sorry you thought that a natural disaster was the only defintion of the word “earthquake”, you’re everything wrong with todays education system. Read more, please.