YouTube’s ‘Cycu1’ has shared an early graphics video comparison between the 2022 and 2023 demos of Starfield.

• Jarmer@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m just hoping for proper ultra wide support on release! Creation engine has never had it and they’re still using that dinosaur of an engine, so … hopefully they’ve looked at some of the mods and baked it in.

• Kaldo@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

They will never change the engine, they put decades of work into this one and no other engine can compete when it comes to this type of sandbox moddable games. The best we can hope is they are making meaningful upgrades to it but even from the trailers you can immediately recognize bethesda combat and animations when NPCs start moving.

• MetricExpansion@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I am in a Skyrim DLL modding discord that has pored over any footage of development tools. They have noticed that BGS are using a version of the Creation Kit for developing the game, so I think it’s basically guaranteed that it’s a version of the Creation Engine.

• Soziele@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

That was never really in question. They confirmed it was an upgraded version of the Creation Engine a long time ago. The real question is if they actually took the time to fix the engine issues or if modders will have to do it all over again.

• FuzzyHusky48@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m hopeful it will since 76 does. I know that’s not BGS necessarily, but it does run on a modified Creation engine.