• littlecolt@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I have tried and was, the first time, turned down and told I was incorrect. When the next season came out for the same show, I submitted again for correction and got zero response. Similar for another show where the show’s single season that had a break had its second half called “season 2” (happens a ton lately, infuriating), I also got no response. And that’s TV db. Don’t get me started on anidb later. They fucking divided the two halves of that show as well, but not into two seasons… INTO TWO SHOWS. So now the second half of the single season of “Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury” on anidb is a whole other show entry and is named “Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury (2023)” - fucking maddening. And applications like Plex rely on those kinds of databases for sorting things. And naming things. And similarly, sonarr uses them for renaming your files to fit the format you set up. And it’s also not 100% smart on some stuff. Sure, “one_piece_207.avi”, let me rename you as One Piece - S02E07.avi that will be fabulous.

• SaltySalamander@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Sure, “one_piece_207.avi”, let me rename you as One Piece - S02E07.avi that will be fabulous

Is it One Piece episode #207 or something? Because, in the realm of pirated TV, “207” literally is season 2 episode 7. Always has been.

• littlecolt@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Correct, and there were ways in place that was supposed to allow sonarr to understand absolute numbering, similar to another agent plugin I use for Plex that gives it that understanding. The file formatting for sonarr can even include {absolute} for this use case. I was numbering these files, hoping to rename them with episode titles plus the {absolute} as well as S{season00}E{episode00} (can’t recall the exact code), but anyway… Despite everyone in this thread calling me an idiot, I know I made no error other than not backing up first.