• somePotato@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

“If you hurt Nazis out of spite when they are not posing a threat to yours or other’s lives, then that is not justified.”

Correct.

But nazis are, by definition, a threat to other’s lives, so violence against them is always justified.

• JackGreenEarth@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Read my other reply to a reply to my comment. But I’m worried if we set the ‘threat to lives’ bar too low, when they are not actually killing people, they can do the same, and kill you because you are a potential threat to their lives, or the lives of what they would think are genetically inferior children.

Whatever you decide, it has to go both ways, otherwise is it just a excuse for authoritarian enforcement of whatever your belief happens to be.

• Cabrio@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Only good Nazi is a dead Nazi. Your incapacity to believe them when they show you their ideals is a failure on your part.

• JackGreenEarth@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

A nazi isn’t a race of people, it is a belief held by a person, and beliefs can be changed.

• Cabrio@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

Good, let the threat of death be the motivator for Nazis to change their ideology.

• Cabrio@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                11 months ago

Nobody is convinced against their will, fucking moron. Go ahead say another bunch of stupid shit you don’t even comprehend properly yourself.

• somePotato@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

So, let’s see if i got this right:

when i say nazis deserve violence that’s unacceptable and i deserve violence in response.

But when nazis say jews, LGBT+ people and other groups deserve violence it’s not ok to wish violence upon them in response.

🤔 Curious.

• JackGreenEarth@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

No, did I ever threaten you with violence in response? You’re straw manning my argument. Both positions where you want to kill any group of people are wrong, and I will try and stop them both in non violent ways - as now, when I am writing this for the benefit of lurkers that they possibly change their mind.

• some_guy@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

you can take the veil off whenever, nobody here believes you’re anything but a nazi

• darthfabulous42069@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

You’re not actually worried about that. You’re trying to defend them because deep down inside, you agree with some of the things they say and think Nazism and fascism are legitimate political ideologies when they are not, and never have been.