arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

My list:

Too soon:

• The OA
    • Firefly
    • Caprica (it was just starting to get interesting)
    • Stargate Universe
    • Jericho
    • Altered Carbon

Too long:

• Game of thrones
    • Dexter
    • Lost
    • Arrested development (they made a huge mistake bringing it back)
    • CeruleanRuin@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

I am still mad that SGU didn’t even get a sign-off movie on SyFy. That franchise was a massive property for that network, and the moment one of them faltered in the ratings they just dropped it like it was diseased. Those characters deserved better.

• RexWrexWrecks@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Altered Carbon season 1 was absolutely amazing. Everything from the cyberpunk aesthetic to Joel Kinnaman’s acting was a joy to behold. The story in season 2 was good but Anthony Mackie killed it for me … In a bad way.

Mackie is just such a limited actor. Why does he continue to get cast in movies?

• buzziebee@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Yeah I didn’t rate him at all either, and it definitely started off a lot slower, but by the end I was properly into the story of season 2. It’s a really shame as like you said season 1 was incredible, they just didn’t have the same budget for S2. I would have liked to see more as we would have had a different actor and it never really got finished.

• BlackPenguins@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

I recommend watching the redited version of arrested development. It’s slightly better and the characters feel less isolated.