• GCanuck@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

FTR: I agree that Sense8 was a great show. But I disagree that it was Netflix who killed it. It was the creators insisting on a globe trotting production. They priced themselves out by being unwilling to compromise that. And I say this as a fan who enjoyed seeing the actual exotic locales rather than trying to pass off northern Vancouver as Iceland.

(But I also feel the need to trash The OA. That was a great show, but the ending sucked. I have never been so pissed off at a season finale than that. That ending killed the show, not Netflix. You can’t piss off that many fans and expect to get invited back.)

• GCanuck@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

FTR: I just now realized there was a second season. I was unaware. I thought it only had one season. So it’s the first season ending I’m referring to.

Although I don’t have much intention of watching second season as the first season ending really put me off the show. I just felt like it was a slap in the face to spend so long invested in a show to have the season end on such a bullshit note.