What’s on your mind regarding synthesis? See any good shows recently? Made an obnoxious noise experiment? Made a delightful noise experiment?

• SuperSynthia@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Update on my end! I ended up getting a Make Noise Strega, so my Dark Easel is complete! Dark Easel is all 3 MN semi modular synths, they are made for each other for sure! It gets pretty wacky fast but you can dial in some good stuff

• Underwaterbob@lemm.eeOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

That’s awesome! I’ve always wanted to try those out. Make Noise makes good noise. Watch Loopop’s videos on the 0-coast and 0- control if you haven’t. Lots of great tips.

• SuperSynthia@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

I think I watched it ages ago so I’ll have to do a refresher. The Strega is…confusing in a way. The manual helps a lot, it tends to push itself into chaotic territory if you don’t know what you’re doing.

But if you dial out the time/filter section you get a really buzzy wobbly synth voice, and you can mix in 0-Coast for some sublime sounds.

One fun thing to do is set 0-ctrl to its touch plate only mode, then route the outs to different parameters based on what touch plate your finger is on. Almost Ciat Lonbarde or even Lyra 8 sounding in a way.

• Underwaterbob@lemm.eeOPM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

I don’t know much about the Strega. What little I’ve seen makes it look more like an effects processor than a synth exactly. Which would work great with the 0-control and 0-coast.