Honestly, I’m so done. None of the YouTube videos are helpful. Some videos have projects that are so basic and lazy, some are very much tied to a specific platform, like Cloudflare, AWS and GCP, and some are so insanely difficult, I am not sure what project I’m supposed to do.

Some say: to-do projects are too basic. Some say that URL shortener is not worth it. Some say that real-time chat apps are overdone. There’s also front-end stuff, like React, Vue and Svelte. And if that’s not worse, there’s also opinionated answers, for back-end like for example, Rust being the future, avoiding JS or Python, or using niche backend like Phoenix or Laravel and micro-framework in some niche functional language. Then there’s also this low-code/no-code stuff. We’re also supposed to learn extras like Docker, Kubernetes, websockets, service workers and what-not other stuff.

I’ve wasted most of my time worrying about the stack and idea, that I’ve left them incomplete. What do I even make then as my project? A git hosting platform replica? A live-streaming social media? Almost like as if people are looking to hire a one-man army to handle the entire department. I’ve also completed the core lectures for FSO, but I’m still struggling.

• muhanga@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Know your basics, display ability to learn. Don’t lie and tell the truth. It doesn’t really matter for Intern if you have any project behind you. Being fullstack is really hard and at times very impossible and require immense amount of time and effort. So show that you can learn and show that you are honest. This will land you a good place.