• AnarchistArtificer@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

These kinds of comments tend to come from guys who say they wish that they could get a girlfriend with the same interests as them. Their poor self worth makes them hyper-fixate on acquiring a romantic or sexual relationship, and it’s easier to blame their lack of success here on there not being any women who share their interests than to recognise they’re being assholes (and that you don’t need perfect overlap in interests with a partner).

So a nerdy pin on my bag, often to them, it does make me more attractive, because there I am, the mythical species they’ve been hunting for, the nerdy, big tiddy goth gf that would solve all their problems. Except people like me are used to assholes like this and have little patience for them, which raises the question: if women who share their hobbies exist, and reject them, what does this say about their previous cope-lie that they told themselves?

But that’s a difficult question to face, so it’s easier to reduce me down to a sexual object and get angry at me for being an infiltrator. I must be, because otherwise why would women within their hobby be so averse to interacting with them?