Apologies that this is not a pure gaming question, but I’d really like to hear people’s opinion on the Borderlands movie trailer and especially from people who have played the games. That’s why I’m asking here, I hope that’s ok.

• Harry@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Honestly? I really don’t get the hate that all these comments are generating. I don’t think we’ve seen enough of the dialogue from the characters to know what the casted actors are going to do with them.

I personally think it might be a bit refreshing, like a reboot. All of us lost faith in the Borderlands story at the Presequel I think. I think this plays into the wacky and wild elements of BL2 (indisputably the favourite in the whole series, wouldn’t you agree?), rather than the unfunny stuff of 3, don’t you think?

I’m not saying that off the bat it’s going to be amazing. I’m saying that I think it’s worth a shot, it’s worth waiting until we see it before we shit on it- I don’t think this trailer makes it look like trash. It has potential. Don’t you think, guys?

• TheDonkerZ@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

It definitely has potential. People gotta remember that when they reach for castings like Kevin Hart as Roland; these are professional actors. If they want something a bit different from that person, they can probably achieve it.

I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised, so long as you keep an open mind that it’s not supposed to be a beat for beat recreation of the games.