I have a few shows like the Daily Show I’ll sometimes watch the monologue but not the full episode.

Plex has a setting to “Keep unwatched episodes” which will delete never-watched episodes, and another to “delete X days after viewing” for fully-watched episodes. But if an episode is partially watched, neither applies and it just sits there.

This seems like a weird oversight and I am wondering if there’s a setting I’m missing. I can’t be the first person who wants “delete 7 days after adding regardless of anything else”

• Ashy@lemmy.wtf
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

You could manually mark the episode as watched after watching the monologue.

• Ashy@lemmy.wtf
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

I don’t think so.

There is an option for the % of the episode you need to watch for it to be considered “watched”, but the lowest it goes is to 70%. Maybe you could edit the config to set it to a lower value. But of course that would mess up shows you actually want to partially watch and resume later.

• Bigfoot@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

Yeah I thought about that. Every podcast player in the world has a “delete after X days” feature, I don’t understand why Plex split this into two options that don’t cover everything.

• WallEx@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

I’m beginning to see a lot of shortcomings from Plex these last years … Might try jellyfin as an alternative.

Very sad development.