When hanging out with friends in discord or whatever, what games do you all tend to sit down and play with one another? For me it’s some combination of Valorant, Guild Wars 2, and Omega Strikers but I’m curious what everyone else plays with their friends :)

• memphis@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

How is Omega Strikers? I’ve had my eyes on it but it’s not really my friends’ type of game. I might play it on my own because I think it looks really cool.

• Pixel@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Honestly I love it to bits. I was top 500 for a time in battlerite royale duos, so when it died I wanted a game that scratched that same itch that actually had a marketing push behind it so people would play it. Omega strikers isn’t quite the same as battlerite, but it scratches a similar enough itch to where I’ve been really, really happy with my time with it. Played it in beta and just got obsessed lol

I will say it’s not a game I can play for hours on hours like valorant, but I spend like an hour or two with it every few days and it’s consistently fun. Biggest issue is cross play with mobile players and switch players means you’re pretty likely to queue with like 11 year olds that don’t know what they’re doing, but cross play like that is a necessary evil to keep a game like this alive. It’s super fun with friends though, I can’t recommend it enough