• Pantherina@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Good work, but why? Isnt that standard Plasma behavior? According to the repo this is just how it works on Plasma by default

• aksdb@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

How can I move a window to the upper right tile with arrow keys? How the extension works is: I hit win+right, window gets moved to the right side of the screen. I hit it win+up, it now moves to the top-right tile. I hit win+left and it extends to be tiled to the upper half of the screen. I hit win+left again, it now is tiled to the top-left tile.

That is, to the best of my knowledge, not how kwin behaves. It is, however, how Cinnamon for example behaves.

• Pantherina@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          4 months ago

Thats exactly how it works in Plasma, Meta+left/right/up/down tiles in half, and when you press meta+right+up or meta+up+right quickly after another, it tiles into that quarter.

I agree that this may not be very accessible.

• kunaltyagi@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Looks good (the extension). Any other good tiling extensions with keyboard and GUI support? I would like to explore a few to see which one works well for me

• aksdb@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

You can find a lot of tiling extensions in the store. Although I don’t know how many of them were ported to KDE 6 already. I haven’t used others, since most of them are designed for a tiling-first workflow. I want mostly floating windows with just selective tiling when I need it.