• modifier@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

This is very likely a mental health issue and it is not sane. Just because capitalism is dumb does not make this behavior sane or rational in any way.

Capitalism is stupid, but so is just deciding to forego it while still living in a capitalist society. This is how stupid prizes are won, and giving this sort of shit even a shred of legitamacy just because it happens to intersect with our politics is, well, stupid.

• NocturnalMorning@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

You have your opinion, and I have mine. Do I pay my rent, obviously…bcz I enjoy not dying. But, it’s not stupid to have this opinion.

For fucks sake, we are killing the planet over little green paper, that what’s moronic.

• modifier@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Is it presumptuous for me to assume you pay your rent not because you agree with capitalism, but because you know what would happen if you stopped paying rent?

If you have different reasons for paying into a system you disagree with, let me know.

Either way, I think you can game out the rest of my logic as it pertains to the person in the OP, and the level of sanity that you seem to be lending them.