I’ve always been bad at minmaxing, playing games mainly for stories and escapism. With Diablo though the whole fun is in progression, gearing up, etc.

After completing pre-season campagin on a Sorc and a Necro, I decided to go with a Barbarian for Season 1.

All was fine and dandy until around now. I am at level 51. Content in Tier 1 and Tier 2 is pretty much a cakewalk. Content in Tier 3 is frustratingly hard. I have no idea how to gear up, as most stuff that drops for me in T2 is pretty low compared to what I painstakingly grinded through many many death-per-dungeon runs trying Tier 3.

I leveled using Hammer of the Ancients, but got bored of it and switched to Whirlwind (which I have fond memories of). Problem is, naturally in Fury management. Unless the area is absolutely packed with mobs, I don’t seem to be able to sustain the whirlwind for long enough. On T2 it’s OK. I do some fury generation then get back to it. On T3 by the time I get the bar filled again I’m usually dead.

Any idea what should I be doing? Is there some harder T2 stuff that rewards better gear? Or maybe easier T3 stuff?

At the moment if not careful I can die to even roaming elites in T3, while in T2 I can sleepwalk through pretty much everything I’ve seen…

HALP, PLZ <3

• QubaXR@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Thanks. That helps narrow it down. I think it’s running out of fury combined with too long time to kill. I will look into both!