Nostr is a decentralized protocol that allows for social media platforms to be decentralized and censorship resistant. Nostr has integrated bitcoin and bitcoin lightning. It would be amazing to see Monero integrated into Nostr and Nostr devs are not bitcoin maxies and will allow any crypto to be integrated into Nostr.

Getting Monero into Nostr early on coukd help drive adoption for Monero since Nostr is getting more and more popular by the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GhEezzto4Y&t=28m42s

• alvvayson@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Why not integrate Monero in the fediverse? That seems more useful.

The way I see it, for small transactions, I could deposit some Monero (say $20 worth) on chain to lemmy.world. Then I could use $10 to sponsor lemmy.world (or even pay a monthly subscription through it) and I could also instantly send $5 for coffee to a coffee shop that has a Mastodon account through the fediverse. The recipients can collect these small amounts and retrieve them in bigger batches on chain.

As long as the amounts are small, security and privacy considerations aren’t that big. And the convenience of easy addressing and instant transfers would be a huge boon.

And in the fediverse I can always create a new account with any other server when I feel like it, so some privacy is easily achievable.

For bigger amounts or privacy sensitive amounts, on chain is the way to go anyway.