I love using the voyager Android app to get a quick at-a-glance overview of some (mostly tech) news and articles, but would then like to just quickly queue them into my actual read-it-later app (wallabag) for later offline reading.

So is there a way to directly share a post like the picture below without first opening it in the integrated browser and I just have not found it?

a lemmy post opened in voyager for an article called 'Pipewire vs PulseAusio: What is the difference?'

Similarly, if I come across a useful article linked within a comment instead I would like to be able to do the same thing through a context menu.

a lemmy comment containing a link to a webpage blog article

This is less urgent for me however since I can at least use the ‘select text’ functionality and just copy the text and paste it in the reader app. A little cumbersome but no big deal.

I am using the Voyager Android app 1.39.0 from f-droid repos.

• teft@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

On ios i just long press the link and it lets me copy it. Does that method not work on Android?

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Click the button that looks like (-) or the one on the right is the Apple sharing icon

• marty_relaxesOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Thanks for the hint but I am not entirely sure which icon you are referring to unfortunately.

Is it an icon provided by the application? Otherwise, this is an Android phone (LineageOS to be specific) and I am not sure there would be an Apple sharing icon on it.

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

Thanks for the hint but I am not entirely sure which icon you are referring to unfortunately.

I’m not sure how else to describe it. It looks like a chain link? With a horizontal line in the middle of it.

Is it an icon provided by the application?

Yes, Voyager uses Apple icons on the Android app.