i’m getting comments removed by an unnamed “mod” with “no reason”

i mean, i actually took time and effort to write out multiple paragraphs, and it violated no rules

https://lemmy.world/comment/7796354

please tell me someone there cares about that

• athos77@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Okay, I am not a mod here or anywhere, nor have I been in contact with a mod, nor reported any of your comments. However, I believe that I am the person you wrote that (or another similar) response to.

The original question was something like “Why are people hating on Julian Assange”, and I replied something like “Because I found the multiple allegations of rape credible and I don’t support rapists”. You immediately wrote a long list about how he was misunderstood, it was all accidents, the women weren’t reliable, the charges were dropped, the charges were only brought back as political pressure, the charges were only brought because he refused to get an HIV test anyway - honestly, I don’t remember, that’s just the standard replies I get from Assange fanbois when I say I don’t support him.

Someone else asked you for proof of your claims; you wrote another reply with link(s). But someone read the link(s) and pointed out it didn’t fully support your claims. They asked for additional information or clarification, and you essentially threw up your hands and said “Whatever, do your own research”. And then sometime later, a mod removed your comment with the note saying “Yeah, no evidence”.

Again, I had nothing to do with moderating or reporting your comment, but the removal seems to be based on not backing up your claims - “Yeah, no evidence.”

• TakiMinase@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Pathetic to remove a post so tame, let it stand so all can see the exchange. Some powerless powertrippers on the net.

• xor@infosec.pubOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

i’m not talking about the “yep no evidence” comment, but the one immediately below it.

in the longer one that was removed, i amended my claim.
      one of the accusers did maintain her story of sexual assault.
      that same one person did tweet how happy she was to be hanging out with the smartest people ever later on the day that supposedly happened… and assange continued to stay at her house for several days after.

but the much much longer comment right after the one you mentioned… the one that is linked and is the majority of the picture included… that’s the one im talking about.
      that does go into it, it does provide a source for what i’m saying… and it was removed anonymously with no explanation, also…

there are many downright abusive and rule-breaking comments in that thread that were not touched, btw…

• athos77@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

If there’s only one mod, it looks like they took down your comment “2 hours ago”, then went back later for a more in-depth review and confirmed to themselves (possibly in response to a complaint from you?) that there was “yeah, no evidence”.

there are many downright abusive and rule-breaking comments in that thread that were not touched, btw…

You sound like the guy pulled over for speeding complaining about all the other cars racing past. Occasionally, you’re going to end up being the example for other people.

• xor@infosec.pubOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          4 months ago

lol, no… also the mod responded that they should’ve just left it up but is having a hard time restoring it.

you sound like one of those people that tries to latch on to any perceived flaw in a post and tries really hard to get an emotional reaction out of it.

a troll, you sound like a troll

you lost your argument so you’re just trying to be an asshat instead

• jordanlund@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

If it was in Out of the Loop, there is only one mod there so that narrows it down pretty neatly.

You’d need to message the admins if you want to appeal.

• xor@infosec.pubOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

i hate the etymology of “glowing”… but i still love the word.

• UndercoverUlrikHD@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

glow (v.)

Old English glowan “to glow, shine as if red-hot,” from Proto-Germanic *glo- (source also of Old Saxon gloian, Old Frisian gled “glow, blaze,” Old Norse gloa, Old High German gluoen, German glühen “to glow, glitter, shine”), from PIE root *ghel- (2) “to shine,” with derivatives referring to bright materials and gold. Figuratively from late 14c. Related: Glowed; glowing. Swedish dialectal and Danish glo also have the extended sense “stare, gaze upon,” which is found in Middle English.

glow (n.)

mid-15c., “glowing heat,” from glow (v.). Meaning “a flush of radiant feeling” is from 1793.

also from mid-15c.

?

• xor@infosec.pubOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          4 months ago

from terry davis, who’s original quote was about cia n*****s glowing in the dark…

now, ol terry is schizophrenic and i can ignore his racist hallucinations and appreciate the great work of TempleOS…

and “glowing” conjures a great radioactive picture of feds for me… but given that it comes from that quote, and was popularized on 4chan, it still makes me feel queasy

• z00s@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

You know exactly why, it’s because you’re comment stalking. Grow up.

• dynamojoe@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I’m just surprised that you can see the removed comment. Every time one of mine gets yanked and I click the link I get an error message.