Comparison left vs right for a craftsman who doesnt know which one he should buy:

• l/r same bed size

• r lower bed for way easier loading/unloading

• r less likely to crash

• r less fuel consumption and costs

• r less expensive to repair

• r easy to park

• r easy to get around in narrow places like crowded construction sites or towns

• r not participating in road arms race

• l You get taken serious by your fellow carbrained americans because ““trucks”” are normalized and small handy cars are ridiculed.

So unless you are a fragile piece of human, choose the right one.

• FireRetardant@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

You are not getting rebuttals because you made false claims like “couldn’t tow a tricycle” and made non truck specific tasks like “driving my family to dinner” as part of your argument. The kei truck could certainly haul a tricycle and you don’t need a large pick up truck to get to dinner.

• spiphy@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

When I had my roof replaced last year the shingles were delivered by a large flat bed semi with a conveyor belt to get the shingles on the roof. The guys doing the work showed up the next day in small cars. I doubt may people are rolling up to replace a roof with a truck bed full of shingles and carrying them up a ladder.

Large trucks do have uses in a few very limited places but the vast majority in the US are not needed. Looking at self reported usage of truck owners most would be better served with a smaller more economical car and renting a truck as needed. Even people hauling regularly would probably benefit having a kei truck.

• yA3xAKQMbq@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Lol, tell me you’ve never been outside the US without telling etc

You do realise everybody else on this planet can tow everything they need without those BS pavement princesses, right? Or do you think people in the US are the only ones going camping, owning boats?